Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another Mold Lab On The Take + Labs To Avoid

Another Mold Lab On The Take

--- On Tue, 9/22/09, Berg, Michael wrote:
From: Berg, Michael Subject: Sampels refusedTo: elementalvideo@yahoo.comCc: "Thomas, Kim" , "Devine, Daniel" Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 8:33 AM
Dear Mr. Helfrich,

I wanted to inform you that we decided not to accept your samples for analysis. We reserve the right to refuse samples for any reason as outlined in our terms and conditions. Kim Thomas has already shipped your package back to your attention and we will of course not charge anything and/or accept any money order. Please find another laboratory that can do the analysis for you.

Regards,

Michael Berg

Michael Berg
Regional Director
EMLab P&K
THE PROVEN LEADER
1936 Olney Ave.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
Fax 856.489.4085
www.emlab.com
Did you know that EMLab P&K sells a full line of IAQ products?
Buy equipment and supplies online now at http://www.emlab..com/store
Performing USP 797 compliance testing? EMLab P&K can help.
Check out USP 797 services at http://www.emlab.com/USP_797

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication, including any attachments, may contain privileged or confidential information for specific individuals and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and you should delete this message and its attachments from your computer without retaining any copies. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately. We appreciate your cooperation. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.


------------------

Letters From A Porcupine
Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:09 AM
From:
"Peter Helfrich"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
grimes@habitats.com
Cc:
Toxicologist1@msn.com, petehelfrich2004@yahoo.com







Pete,

(Carl) My interpetation is they wanted to help. But $50 for species is ridiculous. $50 for genus identification may be reasonable for one sample. Accurate and meaningful species identification can take several iterations of the original sample to separate species by varying temperature, humidity and growth media.

(PJH) So why did they flip flop 5 times? It was un-professional.... Say yes; say no; & don't be a prick & hang up on me if I say send the samples back to me because I can get better service somewhere else...Bottom line is they are not a home owner friendly lab.. Not a big deal.I was looking for home owner friendly labs because the people that ask me for help need such labs..Why did Mold Works do both for $50??? I would say; explanations aside, they did a great job of testing what was in the shower. I did not need the hoopla with it; but the science was there; the cost was decent, etc.
Bacteria is another whole set of analysis and can only give you gram-positive, gram-negative and shape. Specific exceptions include e-coli, total coliforms, some actinomycetes...

(Carl) Again, if you would lighten up and find out who can help you and how they can help instead of demanding actions which cannot be done and stop with the rapid accusations you'd get further ahead.

(Pete) Like I said, I was respectful to the owner till he ended the conversation by hanging up on me. I never demanded anything.

Yes, I know how some abuse us. But they don't if I go in with a cooperative attitude armed with diplomatic facts. I deal with much more powerful people than you've encountered and have been successful for myself and my clients.

I go in with a positive attitude, yet when I see the writing on the wall, the German in me comes out & that is when I shoot from the hip. I have been talking over Dr.'s heads since I realized my illness...

(Pete) Clients?? What is it you do exactly???

(Carl) Your response demonstrates the same attitude and behavior as with Sickbuildings and is a huge turn-off. Dr Thrasher did not accept your responses - and I wouldn't have either - because you didn't acknowledge your wrong actions and instead kept pushing for more from him.

(Pete) After he (Dr. Thrasher) threatened to sue me, I sure as hell was not about to go into any details on a web site. I figured the guy was just trying to bait me so he could get his lawyer handy... My apology would have sufficed the average person, but Dr.'s have an ego sense of entitlement = the God complex. Give me all the books he read & instruct me & I could do what he does. I would not charge $1,500 an hour to a homeless person to heal them, as I would Donald Trump. Dr. T. does not see that distinction, nor do most of his kind. They think the world owes them for the hoops they hand to jump through to get the diploma on the wall = oh please....

Pushing for more from him...??? Like what?? You want to hear a turn off from me?? Some guy living the high life of a well off Toxicologist that has the nerve to ask a homeless person for $250 to write a letter on his behalf to a Dr. in order for the hope of proper treatment. Go back and read the Bible Carl.. Don't just read it; absorb the meaning. The rich & greedy have their day.. Those that scoff at the sick and the poor who can not pay their bribe money get theirs. Dr. T. can sit all comfy in his Jag & listen to Simon & Garfunkel but he does not get the true meaning of the song my friend. The less that you give your a taker. I lost all respect for him before Sickbuildings; he just sealed the deal in public, and some others from the group emailed me & said as much & I was asked to come back yet I don't need to be part of such a click. Those that have much, yet turn their nose to the homeless & weak are those that will be judged in the end by a higher power than us.
(Carl) I wish you luck, Pete, but until you change your methods neither I nor anyone can help you.

(Pete) Help me?? I'm a dead man walking Carl.... If I had a big last name, or a rich aunt I could have a Dr. T. fix me up good as new, but the reality is $$ talks, let the poor die & have God sort it out.

(Carl) BTW, in my 23+ years as a professional I have never critiqued and shut off anyone like I have just done with you. So don't come back accusing me of not caring. I do. But others caring about you isn't sufficient. You have to act in a manner which gets you what you need so we can continue caring about you.

(Pete) I never accused you of anything..????... Why would I do that??

Carl, I know you care, but right now with the medical system, legal policy, etc. against moldies like me = I'm a dead man walking & I am beginning to accept that. You never charged me for your advice; or at least I have not seen a bill in the mail yet..lol!! They must have sent the bill to the wrong tent... LMAO!!

We live in a care+less world. Science/technology has shunned faith & the spiritual. I just get the vibe that most people here to "HELP" are really here to "PROFIT"... Not you; but many of the Dr.'s, mold testers, etc... It utterly sickens me to be a human. I hope I die & come back a monkey because they are far more humble, giving, & selfless as a group species.... We are far from the master race; I am sure of that after my mold encounter. Greed rules the land of milk & honey; its all just hate & money.

People are entitled to their opinions; but lacking fact & jumping to conclusions are crimes everyone fall into; as you did assuming I was a jerk to EMSL before the CEO was a jerk to me... To error is human, & I hold no grudge.
-----
Carl Grimes
Healthy Habitats LLC

-----
(Pete) I never asked for a determination.. I asked for the species... I leave the determinations to the experts.
Most labs charge $35 - $50.. I gave them $50 thinking it was enough.
They flip flopped 5 times on doing the bacteria + fungi for $50.
7 phone calls + 5 flip flops to me is annoyance &unprofessional.
They made it a point to say they would rather not deal with home owners, etc.
Had they called me once or twice with a firm response, not been arrogant/not hung up on me, I would have respected them. Simone was very nice to me; yet her boss was a cocky jerk; bottom line...
I abused them?? HAHA.. I wish I recorded the conversation. I called the guy sir 15 times, and he treated me like an idiot. I tried to tell him thank you for his time before he hung up on me.
As far as sickbuildings... I tried to apologize to Dr.T on three - 4 occasions & he just kept bitching. I'm not going to keep holding the olive leaf of peace out to someone who wants to keep beating a dead horse. If someone can't move forward, I leave them behind. Besides, when people are on a blog like that accusing me of lying when they did not read the email; I just don't have time to deal with the high school drama.
I felt I did my best to try to mend the fence with Dr. T &he could have cared less.
As far as the hospital... If you were in the room as I was; you would realize they did not want to prove it was mold related. I read the report on me & they changed my responses to the questions they asked me!! They are afraid to have to testify, so they just pushed me aside. You of all people should realize the status quo regarding moldies = we are considered delusional idiots. That was how I was treated...



--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Carl E. Grimes wrote:

From: Carl E. Grimes
Subject: Re: EMSL Re22:Our upper management has decided to send back your samples
To: "Peter Helfrich"
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 6:43 PMPete,
I would have done the same thing if I were them. You are asking for the impossible and sending a self-determined amount of money without regard to what it costs to obtain the analysis you demand. You are also asking them for an interpretation of data which no lab can legitimately provide (including MoldLab, which will never stand up in court).

This is not an issue of upper management abuse and money grubbing. This is not a case of my having to tolerate them or their abusive behavior. They are professionals and will not agree to do what is impossible or unethical. They clearly state what they can do and I clearly state what I need. If there is a match then we do business. If not, I either find someone who can or I adjust what I'm requesting.

You are your own worst enemy by your conduct and by demanding from others before you have any idea what they can provide. You abused and then slammed EMSL just like you slammed Sickbuildings and the hospital.

It is possible to get what you need but not with your "slam-bang" methods of disrespect.

Carl Grimes
Healthy Habitats LLC


--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Pete Helfrich wrote:
From: Pete Helfrich
Subject: Re22: Samples
To: "SimoneWilson"
Cc: petehelfrich2004@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 4:20 PM
Thats cool.. I'd expect nothing less from upper management. The guy was cocky, and was just out for $$$..
I'm not knocking you, but 7+ phone calls to 5 different people does not make me want to advise anyone to use this company for anything.
+ the guy hung up on me!
Sorry you have to work for such jerks..
Pete
--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Wilson, Simone wrote:

From: Wilson, Simone
Subject: Samples
To: "elementalvideo@yahoo.com"
Cc: "Harding, Richard"
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 2:43 PM

Mr. Helfrich,
Our upper management has decided to send back your samples, along with your money order. If you have any questions feel free to call us.

Simone Wilson
EMSL Analytical
2001 E. 52nd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46205

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that looking at mold testing for your home is something that you should do after a particularly rainy season? I have my suspicions, but I'm not sure if I have mold or not.

    ReplyDelete